- FFTC signs MOU with MARDI
- Seminar on Advanced Breeding Methods for Stress-tolerant Food Crops
- Dragon Fruit Diseases Workshop Announcement for General Public
- Fruit and vegetable grafting workshop kicks off in May
- Workshop on Climate Change and Livestock Production Systems
- FFTC now on Facebook and Twitter!
- FFTC bids farewell to Dr. Nagai; welcomes new Deputy Director Dr. Takenaka
Dr. Takashi Nagai, who served as FFTC’s Deputy Director for two years, returns to his homeland in Japan to start his stint as the new Chief of the International Cooperation Section of the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO). Since October, 2014, Dr. Nagai has been instrumental in forging linkages between FFTC and Japan’s various agricultural research organizations. He has also spearheaded and strengthened the livestock component of the Center’s various workshops and training seminars, the latest of which is the ten-day intensive training course on “Dairy Herd Improvement by the Use of Reproductive Biotechnologies.” The said training course, which was held in July of last year in Nueva Ecija, Philippines, was organized by FFTC in cooperation with the Philippine Council for Agriculture Aquaculture Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD) and the Philippine Carabao Center (PCC).