- FFTC signs MOU with MARDI
- Seminar on Advanced Breeding Methods for Stress-tolerant Food Crops
- Dragon Fruit Diseases Workshop Announcement for General Public
- Fruit and vegetable grafting workshop kicks off in May
- Workshop on Climate Change and Livestock Production Systems
- FFTC now on Facebook and Twitter!
- FFTC bids farewell to Dr. Nagai; welcomes new Deputy Director Dr. Takenaka
Home>News Articles>Announcements in 2016>Workshop on Climate Change and Livestock Production Systems
April 11 2016
On August 23 of this year, FFTC in cooperation with the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO) and the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) is organizing a satellite workshop entitled “Mitigation of Greenhouse Gases and Adaptation to Climate Change in Livestock Production Systems” The satellite workshop, is part of the 17th Asian Australiasian Animal Production (AAAP) Animal Science Congress (August 22-25) which will be held in Kyushu Sango University, Fukuoka, Japan.
The said satellite workshop, which will be participated in by livestock experts from the Asian Pacific Region, aims to present an overview of the issues related to the influence of climate change in the animal industry of the region. It also aims to provide a venue for the exchange of ideas, techniques and knowledge related to monitoring and measurements of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the animal industry and to establish a closer collaboration and linkages among scientists working on the effect of climate change on the animal industry.